“ TOI Young Change Leaders Contest ” Terms & Conditions
This Contest (as defined below) is subject to the following terms & conditions (“T&C”), which may be updated by Bennett, Coleman and Company Limited (“BCCL”) having its registered office at The Times of India Building, Dr. D. N. Road,
Fort, Mumbai - 400 001 and corporate office at 9-10, Express Building, Bahadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi - 110 102, from time to time without notice to Contestant through his/her parents/legal guardian (as defined below). The Contestant
through his parent(s)/guardian confirms to have read and fully understand the T&C at www.toiyoungchangeleaders.com. The parent(s)/legal guardian of the Contestant agrees that they
have consented and after taking their consent the Contestant is entering into the Contest at his/her sole discretion and free will. The Participation or submission of entry in the Contest shall be deemed as the acceptance of the T&C
by the Contestant through his parent/legal guardian. Throughout the T&C, wherever the term Contestant/Participant has been used shall include their respective parent(s)/legal guardian as the case may be. The parents/legal guardian
hereby agree to ratify all acts, deeds done by contestant/participant to be things lawfully and deemed to have been done by parents/legal guardian themselves.
1. Entry Submission and Eligibility
- No entry fee is required to participate in the Contest.
- Entries for the “TOI Young Change Leaders Contest” (“Contest”) must be submitted on the website – www.toiyoungchangeleaders.com.
- To participate in the Contest, the Contestant must submit his/her entry in the prescribed format on the website. If you are under the age of 18, you should review this T&C with your parent or legal guardian to make sure that you
and your parent or legal guardian understands and agrees to it and further if required you shall perform or undertake such activities which will entitle you to enter into a legally binding agreement with BCCL through your parent/legal
guardian. While submitting the entries, participants needs to provide their parent/legal guardian email address/mobile number so that we can send an URL to get T&C verified by the parent/legal guardian only then only Contestant
entry will get judged by the jury.
- One Contestant can only have one entry. Once an entry is submitted, no changes/ revisions would be permitted by the Contestant.
- Video entry should be in English language.
- Any video entry over 2 minutes duration will get disqualified.
- Entries received after the registration window will get rejected.
- Duration of the Contest
|Start Date for Entries
||15th January 2020
|Last Date for Entries
||03rd February 2020
|Final Event Date
||06th February 2020
2. Participation and Prizes
- Top 16 Contestant(s) shall take part in the final event day to battle out for the TOI Young Change Leaders Award.
- Every Contestant should carry his/her school identity card which must act as a valid photo ID proof on the final event day.
- Selected entries will get notified through the contact details provided in the registration Form.
- Winners will be announced on the final event day (as detailed above).
- Winners will be awarded with exciting prizes and gifts on the final event day (as detailed above).
- The results will be published online within 1-2 days after the main event. Winners will also be announced in a print supplement within 2-3 days of the final event day.
- All decisions of the BCCL team for judging all the video entries will be the final decision and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- BCCL will not be responsible for any defects/inadequacy in the products/services redeemed in lieu of the coupons/gift vouchers and the same would have to be addressed to the sponsor/service provider/manufacturer directly. BCCL shall
not be liable to replace/exchange the Prize/products/services at any stage.
- Decision of the BCCL will be final and binding on all participants and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- In case any winner refuses to accept the prize decided for him/her, his participation in the Contest will be declared null and void. Prizes cannot be exchanged for their value in cash or for other prizes. Each Prize may have a validity
period and the same can be redeemed with the respective sponsors within such validity period as mentioned on the Prize. Further, any charge over and above the stated Prize shall have to be borne by the Contestant themselves including
without limitation travelling, prize collection/delivery charges etc.
- The Prize(s) are non-transferable.
- The Contestant shall be solely liable for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the Contest. All/any Government taxes on prize money/Prize (as applicable), shall be borne by the winner(s)
and all deductions, such as tax deduction at source (“TDS”), wherever applicable, shall be made by BCCL in accordance with the Income Tax Act, 1961 or winner shall pay to BCCL such amount.
- The Contestant agrees that, he/she will participate in any promotional activities or material, without additional payment or permission, as requested by BCCL. Subject to applicable laws, Contestant hereby grants BCCL, by participating
in the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, the right to use, in perpetuity the Contestant’s information as may be provided by the Contestant, publish and display Contestant’s picture, voice, video, statements, quotes which may be
adapted, edited or modified, as solely determined by BCCL for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media without notification or approval, all without any additional consideration.
- The Contestant voluntarily agrees to submit the required documents and personal information to participate in the Contest. Contestant voluntarily consents and permit BCCL will use any personal information that the Contestant provides
in accordance with applicable laws for the purposes of this Contest and for any marketing or other purposes. BCCL may also share such information(s) with its affiliates, its service providers and agents for the purpose of this
Contest. The information may also be used by BCCL for:
i) recommending various products or services including those of third parties
ii) dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints and Contestant related activities
ii) marketing products and services and its analysis
iv) abiding with laws and law enforcement / regulatory requests
- BCCL reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Contest and/or the terms & conditions/technical parameters/Prize without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that makes it necessary
to do so. However, any changes to the terms & conditions/technical parameters or cancellation of the Contest, will be updated/posted on website www.toiyoungchangeleaders.com. It would
be the exclusive responsibility of the Contestant alone to keep themselves informed as to any changes in the terms & conditions/technical parameters/evaluation criteria stated for this contest.
- The Contest is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. BCCL expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. BCCL does not make any warranty that the Contest and or emanating results will meet your
- Entries for the Contest received beyond the window period as stated above, shall be rejected. Further, all multiple entries (entries with the same proof details) received for the Contest and/or incomplete entries or entries where the
prescribed format for sending the entry has not been followed shall also be rejected. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- BCCL will in no event be liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential arising out of the Contest or use of the Prize(s) given through the Contest or use of the information shared by the Contestant,
in the event any disclaimer is held invalid, the liability of BCCL under this Contest shall not exceed the value of lowest single Prize.
- The Contestant hereby agrees and undertakes not to hold BCCL and/or or any of their group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, vendors, responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims,
demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses that the Contestant may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of participation in the Contest or related
to the Prize in any manner whatsoever.
- This Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and/or any other matters in relation and arising out of this Contest and/or pertaining to the rules and regulations of
this Contest shall be referred to a sole arbitrator appointed by BCCL in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 and any subsequent amendment thereof. The arbitration proceedings shall be held
in English and the seat of arbitration shall be at New Delhi. The arbitral award shall be final and binding.
- All disputes shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of New Delhi courts only.
- In accordance with the applicable laws, for any grievance, you may reach the grievance officer of BCCL at email@example.com